Town Manager Topsail Beach
Council Manager Form of Government
Avg. Population: 500 year round
The Town of Topsail Beach is seeking a professional Manager with exceptional people skills and a demonstrated minimum five years of local government management and experience, preferable in coastal communities. The successful candidate will have a strong background in managing seasonal and year round citizens’ services, especially sand and beach nourishment projects, hurricane preparation/response/recovery operations, and utilities management in seasonal communities. Education requirements are Masters in Public Administration or related field, or an undergraduate degree with significant local government experience. Salary is competitive with other beach communities, commensurate with experience.
Send resume to: Town Clerk
820 S. Anderson Blvd.
Topsail Beach, NC 28445
Position open until filled. EOE
Part-Time Building Inspector
The Town of Topsail Beach is seeking to fill a vacancy for a Part-Time Building Inspector. Typical duties include performing building, electrical, mechanical or plumbing inspections; reviewing plans; performing field inspections and re-inspections of building and facilities for compliance. Work requires, but not limited to, climbing, balancing, kneeling, stooping, crawling, lifting, pushing, oral communication and working in internal and external environmental conditions. High school diploma or GED, experience in the inspection specialties and construction trades, and possession of a valid, unrestricted NC Driver’s License is required. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. You may obtain a Topsail Beach Application from Town Hall or may download an application from the Town Website at: www.topsailbeach.org.
Topsail Beach Town Hall is located at 820 South Anderson Blvd. and telephone number is 910-328-5841.
The Town of Topsail Beach Volunteer Fire Department is Seeking Additional Volunteers
The Town of Topsail Beach Volunteer Fire Department is seeking additional volunteers. Interested candidates must meet the following qualification:
1) The applicant must attend at least three consecutive fire department meetings
2) Upon recommendation of the fire chief, voted onto the department and membership approved by the town manager
3) Have a valid driver’s license with proper classifications and endorsements for operating a fire apparatus
4) Pass a physical examination and substance abuse test
5) Shall be subject to a background check. Any applicant who has been convicted of a felony is ineligible to be a member of the fire department
6) Live within a 15 mile driving distance to the town limits or perform a majority of their work within the town limits or a 15 mile driving distance of the town limits
7) All new members shall serve a six-month probationary period. A probationary member of the fire department may be dismissed during the probationary period for any reason whatsoever
In addition to these qualifications members must participate in 50 hours of fire department training, cannot miss three consecutive scheduled fire meetings and must respond to at least 25% of all calls annually. After the six month probationary period the new member will qualify for tier-based compensation dependent on their training level. Any interested candidates should contact the Topsail Beach Fire Department at (910)328-2980 with further questions or stop by 816 S Anderson Blvd., Topsail Beach, NC to pick up or fill out an application.