Address: 816 S Anderson Blvd.
Phone: (910)328-2980 Fax: (910)328-0763
Chief: Bo Fussel:
Fire protection for the Town of Topsail Beach is provided by the dedicated members of our Volunteer Fire Department.
ISO Rating - 5
The Town of Topsail Beach is Seeking a Full-Time Firefighter
The Town of Topsail Beach is in search of a full-time firefighter. Work requires that the employee stay abreast of state-of-the-art fire suppression procedures, techniques, and equipment and requires the employee to incorporate the necessary changes into in-service training. The employee is subject to the hazards associated with firefighting and rescue work including working in inside and outside environments, in extreme hot and cold temperatures, loud noise, vibration, moving parts, high heat, chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, oils, wearing respirators, and working in close quarters. The employee is also subject to the final OSHA standards on bloodborne pathogens.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force. frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess visual acuity to size up the color, volume, and extent of fire involvement at fire scenes, to operate heavy fire apparatus in emergency situations, and to prepare records and reports.
Desirable Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school supplemented by completion of courses and seminars in fire service and in fire code enforcement and considerable experience in a fire service; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Possession of a valid North Carolina driver's license.
- Possession of NFPA Firefighter I & II certification.
- Knowledge of Pump Operations.
Salary: Based on experience.
The Town of Topsail Beach is an EOE.
Please submit an APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT to:
Chief Bo Fussell at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact him at (910)599-2626
The Town of Topsail Beach Volunteer Fire Department is Seeking Additional Volunteers
The Town of Topsail Beach Volunteer Fire Department is seeking additional volunteers. Interested candidates must meet the following qualification:
- The applicant must attend at least three consecutive fire department meetings
- Upon recommendation of the fire chief, voted onto the department and membership approved by the town manager
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Pass a physical examination and substance abuse test
- Shall be subject to a background check. Any applicant who has been convicted of a felony is ineligible to be a member of the fire department
- Live within a 15 mile driving distance to the town limits or perform a majority of their work within the town limits or a 15 mile driving distance of the town limits
- All new members shall serve a six-month probationary period. A probationary member of the fire department may be dismissed during the probationary period for any reason whatsoever
In addition to these qualifications members must participate in 50 hours of fire department training, cannot miss three consecutive scheduled fire meetings and must respond to at least 25% of all calls annually. After the six month probationary period the new member will qualify for tier-based compensation dependent on their training level. Any interested candidates should contact the Topsail Beach Fire Department at (910)328-2980 with further questions or stop by at 816 S Anderson Blvd., Topsail Beach, NC to pick up or fill out an application.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT