- For emergency calls use 911.
- Always lock the doors of your house, motel room and vehicles.
- Keep valuables stored in a secure place.
- If you see any activity that appears suspicious, please contact the police department when you witness the act.
- Never swim alone and if caught in an undertow, do not try and fight the current. Instead, swim parallel to the shore until you swim out of the undertow. See advisory signs at each public beach access.
- When in the water, be courteous to other swimmers and those engaged in fishing.
- Alcohol and swimming do not mix.
- The town has a large volume of pedestrian and bicycle traffic. Please remain alert and obey all speed limit and other traffic laws.
House Check - The Topsail Beach Police Department is dedicated to making the Town of Topsail Beach a safe environment for its residents and visitors. We encourage our residents to advise the Police Department when they are going to be away for an extended period of time and request that they be placed on our House Check patrol. House Check Request Form